PIN GRADING GUIDE
High Quality to Good Quality rating.
Most pins fit into this category and are the best quality offered in my shop. These are sold at a standard price but may occasionally go on sale.
Some minor imperfections that may be present or considered expected:
- minor markings / scratches on the metal or enamel
- minor flecks of dust or bubbles in the enamel
- minor uneven enamel filling
- slightly off-center screen printing
- oxidation of metal (less than 1%)
Acceptable Quality to Low Quality rating.
These pins have noticeable flaws but still present the artwork well enough to be sold. These pins will be offered at a discount and occasionally in grab bags.
Noticeable imperfections that may be present or considered expected:
- low enamel fills
- discoloration / mixed enamel colors
- sizable dents or scratches in metal or enamel
- significant crooked screen printing
- oxidation of the metal, under 5%
Sad Quality to Bad Quality rating.
These pins are unlikely to be sold, but do come in batches occasionally. If they're distributed to customer, it is likely as a bonus pin or flash / last chance sale at a very low price. Even imperfect pins deserve a home.
Extreme flaws that may be present or considered expected:
- missing enamel
- oxidation of metal over 5%
- severe enamel color problems
- they just look sad (｡•́︿•̀｡)